Types of Rhyme



#ThursdayLiteratureTrends


Tʏᴘᴇs ᴏғ Rʜʏᴍᴇ ᴀᴄᴄᴏʀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ Pᴏsɪᴛɪᴏɴ



📌 Tᴀɪʟ ᴏʀ Eɴᴅ Rʜʏᴍᴇ: This is the most common type of rhyme. It occurs in the final syllable of a verse or line. In other words it occurs when the last syllable of particular line rhymes with the last syllable of the of the second line/verse. E.G


🌬️ "Twinkle little ᔆᵗᴬᴿ

🌬️ How I wonder what you ᴬᴿᴱ"


📌 Iɴᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rʜʏᴍᴇ: This is a type of rhyme in which a word at the middle of a line rhymes with the last word at the end of same line/verse. E.G


🌬️  "Just turn me loose let me ᔆᵗʳᴬᴰᴰᴸᴱ my own ˢᴬᴰᴰᴸᴱ Underneath the western skies,

🌬️  On my cayuse let me ʷᴬᴺᴰᴱᴿ over ʸᴼᴺᴰᴱᴿ, till I see the mountains rise".


📌 Hᴏʟᴏ Rʜʏᴍᴇ: An extreme form of rhyme in which two lines are phonetically identical. In or other words it is a type of rhyme in which all the word of two entire lines/verses rhyme. E.G


🌬️  ᶠᵒʳ ᴵ ˢᶜʳᵉᵃᵐ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵃᵏᵉ

🌬️ ᶠᵒʳ ⁱᶜᵉ ᶜʳᵉᵃᵐ ˢᵃᵏᵉ



📌 Cʀᴏss Rʜʏᴍᴇ: In the cross-rhyme, a line is rhymed with the next verse. This means that the final rhyme of a verse is only rhyming with each other. The rhymes alternate, which is called alternating. It also refers to the matching sounds at the end of intervening lines. It is synonymous to End rhyme, but the difference is that End rhyme does not alternate, but Cross Rhyme alternates. E.G.


🌬️ "Had I but lived a hundred years ᵃᴳᴼ

🌬️ I might have gone, as I have gone this ʸᴱᴬᴿ,

🌬️ By warmwell cross on to a cove I ᵏᴺᴼᵂ

 🌬️ And time have placed his finger on me ᵗʰᴱᴿᴱ"

   Thanks for reading, hope you got insights ?


©️ Oᴋᴀғᴏʀ Uᴄʜᴇ

      Gʀᴀᴍᴍᴀʀ Cᴏᴀᴄʜ


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Grammar Errors in NYSC Anthem

Mispronounced Words in the Bible

Saloon vs. Salon